Monday, April 8, 2013

the weekend...

April 6, 2013
I am so grateful for the conference weekend we just had. There were so many great words shared. I very much so enjoyed Thomas S. Monson's talk. He is so funny and real. He has a way of just letting you know we all live and learn. We mess up along the way, but we all can learn and be better. I am grateful for our church and the prophet. I am also so grateful for the many other leaders of our church and the many leaders who have impacted my life so greatly!

April 7, 2013
I am not only super thrilled about this but so thankful for it. I am thankful for the announcement of a temple to be built here in Cedar City. We will be so lucky and blessed to have a temple so close. I am excited to be able to attend the temple regularly! It is hard to say okay lets spend the next 4-5 hours away from our kids and trust them to someone else. I am not good at that. I do not lie and as much as it sounds like or is an excuse I can't change the fact that I struggle greatly with it. I have come to the realization that I do suffer from  some anxiety issues especially when it has to do with my family. Crazy I know but it is how I am. All of that being said I love the temple and do have a real desire to attend it on a regular basis. I hope to make that a possibility on a monthly basis or at least every other month. I am excited for the temple to be so close. It will drastically lessen our time away from the kids on those days. I do have to say I feel kind of bad knowing so many others in our church sacrifice so much to make a trip to a temple so far away and I will pray that more temples are built around the world for so many of the other members of our church. It is such an amazing blessing and everyone should have the opportunity to attend the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment