Wednesday, April 3, 2013

giving time

I am one of those people who LOVES holidays. I decorate for everyone that I possibly can. I always have to have things to do with the kids for the holidays. So today I am grateful to the many persons who work on the holidays helping families so that others can enjoy their holidays with their families. Some of those people are police officers, fire fighters, and nurses. I am sure there are many other people who fit into this category. I am not sure we take the time to appreciate the safety they work to create for us. The time they are away from those they love to take care of us or our loved ones. I also am not sure how often we take the time to realize that they do put their lives on the line for us. I don't want to go around forgetting to thank some of those people that I don't know who are there to help make and keep us all safe.

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet Brish! I am one of those nurses who works long hours, late nights, and holidays...I would love to be home with my family all the time, but I love my job and enjoy taking care of others! Thanks for posting this! It made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I honestly feel to many of us forget to thank the amazing people who are willing to do this for us. I am so glad that you have a job you enjoy and that you were able to complete your schooling to have this job. You are such an amazing and inspiring person! I miss you and wish we were closer so we could get together! Hope everything is going great with your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete